Learning Objectives: A student successfully completing this course
should have developed:
1) Scholarship and knowledge of biology at a level apporpriate for first
semester freshmen in a course targeted for majors in physical therapy, occupational
therapy, nutrition and dietetics and athletic training.
2) Intellectual inquiry and communication, especially orienting first semester
freshmen to the rigors of learning college level biology and the transition
from high school. Through lab exercizses and exams, students apply and express
the concepts they acquire.
3) Community building from the standpoint of cooperation with classmates
and undergraduate teaching assistants in utilizing current laboratory techniques.
4) Leadership and service, in preparation toward a career in health service,
taking advantage of the opportunities of knowledge provided by your professor,
the authors of your text, your lab coordinator and your teaching assistants.
5) Spirituality and values, especially through acquiring the biological
information necessary to become good citizens and to lead rich and rewarding
This page was last updated 11/18/08
Return to Bio 110 Syllabus
return to Stark home page