40. Explain what a Q10 value of 2.0 means in terms of reaction rate.
reaction rate doubles for 10 degree increase
41. Explain why the term poikilothermic does not relate only to organisms.
could apply to cells
42. During this lab, an emphasis was put on carefully decanting liquids
down the sides of the bottles. What is the importance of this technique
as it relates to this lab?
not to get O2 into water
43. Write the equation for cellular respiration. What two things could be
measured to determine metabolic rate?
C6H12O6 + 6 O2 -> 6 CO2 + 6 H2O + energy, could measure O2 consumption,
or CO2 production (2 points)
44. What is a thigmiotherm?
gets energy from substratum or medium
45. Why were crayfish chosen as the organism for the Q10 experiment? What
is another organism that could have been used to generate similar data?
ectotherm, could use fish (2 points)
46. How does temperature affect water chemistry? How does temperature affect
Increased motion & soluability, increased reaction rate (2 points)
This page was last updated 4/2/08
Return to Stark home page